Are you looking for a programmer who has a sense of humour, likes to have fun while working and is known to burst out in song?
How about web architect with virtualized LAMP web servers installed on their laptop who is not afraid to get their hands dirty on the command-line??
Or a business and technology veteran who might be a bit dense at times but when the light goes on, fireworks light up the sky!?!?
What I am looking for:
- casual and relaxed work environment that fosters collaboration and learning
- progressive, community-focused company that promotes health and wellness and a work/life balance with a flexible schedule
- opportunities to learn and grow as well as fostering others learning and growth
- an environment that views mistakes as learning opportunities and weaknesses as areas with the highest growth potential
Where I would like opportunities to gain more experience:
- Project Management and Project Planning
- Drupal and Drupal Development
- Frameworks (Laravel, CakePHP and Symphony)
- Advanced Object-Oriented Programming with PHP (testing, object-oriented design, design patterns)
- Lean and Test Driven Development (The Lean Startup; The Lean Series; hello, startup)
- Mentoring/receiving mentorship from other developers and/or other educational opportunities (I love to learn!)
Where I have no desire to go back to:
- Windows / SharePoint (been there, done that; prefer LAMP)
- Shirt & Tie (I perform better when I can breathe)
- Chained 40 hours a week to a cubicle (I need fresh air, food and washroom breaks)
- Work schedule that offers no flexibility (I have a wife, life and child)
- Toxic work environments (I chose mental health over financial wealth)
The majority of my 20+ years of experience includes programming, content management systems, database and web server management, creative problem solving and more recently, social media. Less so with internet marketing, graphic design, client and project management and front-end development. I need to git up to speed with LAMP development workflow in a multi-developer environment, including version control (branching/merging) and using an IDE. I have always used a text-based editor and debugged my own code by hand.
I am a Full Stack LAMP Developer who is always open to learning new business models, technologies and/or methodologies. What I value most in a workplace is the culture, learning and growth opportunities. While my preferred place to work is in a cafe, I am not opposed to drinking my coffee at a desk.
I am currently unavailable until July 2018.